- Mr. Hussain Dawood's Rs. 1 Bn pledge will be directed towards at disease prevention and bolstering livelihoods.
- The conglomerate pledged PKR 1 Bn in services, kind and cash for the short, medium and long term.
- The Dawood Hercules group hopes that the donation can set a precedent for other businessmen to donate at this crucial time.
Mr. Hussain Dawood, on behalf of Engro Corporation and Dawood Hercules Group, pledged Rs. 1 Bn to reduce the spread and impact of the COVID-19 crisis. He welcomed the efforts of the government and other organizations who have stepped up to this challenge.
Mr. Hussain Dawood's Rs. 1 Bn pledge will be directed towards at disease prevention, protecting and enabling healthcare professionals, patient care and bolstering livelihoods. He stated in the press release, " Our group will focus on:
- disease prevention, with a major focus on testing and diagnostics;
- protecting and enabling healthcare practitioners and other key workers, who are at the frontline of the fight against this pandemic;
- enabling patient care and facilities; and,
- bolster livelihoods and sustenance of the most deserving in society.
The Dawood foundation hopes that the donation can set a precedent for other businessmen to come forth and donate to the government in the country's time of need.
The announcement of the PKR 1 billion donation was confirmed by the Dawood Foundation through a press release regarding the objectives and purpose of the donation.
Mr. Hussain Dawood, today, on behalf of @EngroCorp, @DH_Corp and his Family have pledged PKR 1 billion, along with a contribution of services to combat COVID-19. #CoronaVirusPakistan#CoronaFreePakistan#COVIDー19#StayAtHomeAndStaySafe
Read the full press release here: pic.twitter.com/UxPW21UrHm
— Dawood Foundation (@DawoodTdf) April 2, 2020
The sizeable donation comes a day after Prime Minister Imran Khan announced the coronavirus relief fund to fight the epidemic and urged the country to donate. Mr. Dawood hoped that people would unite in this time of crisis and come forth for those who have lost their livelihood due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
“It is a fact that the people of Pakistan are resilient, and i pray that they face this crisis with caution and care by heeding to the invaluable advice of healthcare professionals and caring for themselves." Mr Dawood stated in the press release.